Sda christian dating sites
The city itself is first mentioned by the Ottomans during their conquest of nearby Jajce.
After the Ottoman conquest of Bosnia in the 15th century, much of the local population converted to Islam.
) is a town and municipality in central Bosnia and Herzegovina, 90 kilometres (56 miles) west of Sarajevo.
It is the capital of the Central Bosnia Canton, and is located in the Travnik Municipality.
The area is first mentioned by Bela IV of Hungary in 1244.
As for urban industry, Travnik has several factories producing everything from matches to furniture. Numerous structures dating to the Ottoman era have survived in near perfect condition, such as numerous mosques, oriental homes, two clock towers (sahat kula; Travnik is the only city in Bosnia and Herzegovina to have two clock towers), and fountains.
Food processing is also a strong industry in the region, especially meat and milk companies. The city's old town dates back to the early 15th century, making it one of the most popular widely accessible sites from that time.
Like many Bosnian towns, Travnik's tourism is based largely on its history and geography. Vlašić is one of the tallest peaks in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and an excellent spot for skiing, hiking, and sledding. According to the 1991 Yugoslav census, the area had a population of 70,747.
From 1929 to 1941, Travnik was part of the Drina Banovina of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
During the Bosnian War, the town mostly escaped damage from conflict with Serbian forces, hosting refugees from nearby Jajce, but the area experienced fighting between local Bosniak and Croat factions before the Washington Agreement was signed in 1994.
The river Lašva passes through the city, flowing from west to east before joining the Bosna.